Welcome to Get Stuffed - a blog about cooking, friendly competition, and all things food. Along with cooking challenges (information below), Get Stuffed is my outlet to post what I’m cooking, eating, or thinking about in regards to food. I chose “Get Stuffed” as my blog title because 1) I think it’s funny (but be sure you copy and paste my URL or you may get directed to a different kind of site) and 2) because when a meal is really delicious I eat until I’m stuffed!
Why should you care about what I’m posting? Well, I try to make cooking easy, fun, and delicious. I’m going to focus most of my non-competitive posts on recipes for one since I hear time and time again how difficult that is to do. But if you enjoy leftovers and getting creative, I can help make cooking for one easier.
As for the cooking challenges, I hope to post one each month. But I need participants! (So email me, please). The rules of my cooking challenges are pretty simple…I will go head to head with a friend, relative, or stranger - pretty much anyone willing to compete. My opponent and I will have around 4 days to cook the challenge, then we’ll each post what we make on Get Stuffed. After giving you (our readers) a few days to review our blog post, read the recipes used, and see the delicious photos, you can then vote on who you would rather Get Stuffed with! While the rules of competition are simple, I do have a few guidelines:
1. Must follow general directions of challenge. Challenges can be specific or broad. Examples include:
- Make something using tomatoes
- Create a Summer cocktail
- Make breakfast
- Make a dessert using only 3 ingredients
2. Post must include photos, recipe (with credit given when due), and a brief blurb on why you cooked what you cooked.
3. Keep it fun! There are no prizes - it’s more a way to just get creative and share recipes. Winner gets the glory and bragging rights
4. If after voting there is a tie, the competitor will get to choose the next challenge, and compete in a tie-breaker.
See? Pretty simple. Now onto me - I’m a 20-something Texan turned New Yorker. I’ve lived here for 8 years and am passionate about health, fitness, and wellness. When I’m not at work, I can be found running, taking various fitness classes around town, cooking, trying out a new restaurant, or studying. I just started my Masters in Food Studies at NYU, and am excited to see where those classes take me!
That’s it! Now let’s get cooking!
Questions? Contact me at email@example.com